- Student Diversity
- Women's Program
- Visit Campus
- Student Org
- Contact Us
- What is the cost and when is my payment due?
- What is your refund policy?
- When will I be notified if I have been accepted?
- Where will I be staying?
- What kind of supervision will there be?
- What time does the conference begin and end?
- What do I need to bring?
- Can my parents attend the Open House with me on Saturday (applies to September conference only)?
- The department that I want to visit is not on the agenda. How can I schedule a visit with them?
- I know someone in Rolla. Can I have visitors or leave during the conference to spend time with them?
- What if I need to leave early?
- I am driving myself, can I have a vehicle on campus?
The early registration fee is $50, late registration fee is $65 and covers all meals, camp events, supplies and t-shirt. Payment is due at the time of registration and placement in the program is contingent upon receipt of payment. If mailing your application you should include the payment with your forms.
You are responsible for transportation to and from the university campus. You may want to consider bringing spending money for snacks, shopping at the bookstore, or for personal items.
Due to the limited amount of space available and the high interest to attend this conference all requests for refunds or cancellations must be made in writing and received by our office at least 30 days prior to the conference date to receive a full refund. No refunds will be given for requests made less than 30 days of conference date. Allow up to two weeks for processing refunds.
You will receive confirmation and additional details within 10 days after we have received your application, the and Youth Health Statement form; and the registration fee.
The conference takes place on the Missouri S&T campus. You will stay overnight in the Thomas Jefferson residential hall. Since this is a "Lock-In" you will be staying together in our student lounge area with our student counselors. You will need to bring something to sleep on such as a sleeping mat, sleeping bag, blanket, pillow, etc. You will also need to bring a bathtowel, washcloth.
We are aware that you are a young adult and we will expect you to act accordingly. We will have at least one Missouri S&T student peer counselor assigned to every 5 girls that attend. The counselors are members of the Society of Women Engineers student chapter on campus. The counselors will stay overnight in the dorm with you and will escort you to and from all on and off campus activities. We also have a professional staff who will monitor the conference activities throughout the day and night. Our staff and counselors will accompany the group on all off campus activities.
It is important that you and your parents know that there will be free time during the conference and that we may not be present at all times. It is also important that you and your parents are aware that school is in session and there will be current Missouri S&T students staying in the residential hall. Since it is physically impossible to be present at all times with all girls, it is up to the participants to exercise responsibility, good judgment, and abide by the rules.
Please keep in mind that you are a guest of the University. We have a strict set of rules and guidelines that MUST be followed by all participants. If we feel that a participant is in violation of any rule or guideline the participant will be dismissed from the conference immediately.
Students will check-in at the residential hall between 8:30 - 9:00 am am Friday morning. The conference will end on Saturday afternoon around 2:30 PM.
- Please only bring one overnight bag and be sure to mark your name on it, so that it may be easily identified.
- Hygiene products (soap, shampoo, etc.)
- Towels and washcloths
- Sleeping bag or blanket, pillow, and sheets, small sleeping mat
- For the sake of modesty, we ask that you wear pants and a shirt to sleep in
- Wear comfortable closed toe shoes for labs and walking on campus (closed toe shoes are mandatory for all labs)
- Be prepared for Missouri’s changing weather. (sweater, sweatshirt, jacket,umbrella)
- Prescribed medications, if needed
- Wear a watch
- Bring spending money for a shopping trip to the bookstore, snacks, or other personal items
- You are welcome to bring snacks
- AND. . .PREPARE YOURSELF TO HAVE FUN
Your parents or guardians may attend the open house events scheduled between 8:30 - 2:30 on Saturday. They will need to meet you in the Lobby area of the Havener Center at 8:30. They are welcome to participate in other Open House events on campus during this time. Parents that are not attending the open house will need to plan to pick you up no later than 2:30 at the dorm.
You will have time to visit other departments after the conference is over on Saturday. You will need to contact the department directly to set up this visit. It is recommended that you contact them at least one week prior so that they can make arrangements to visit with you. A complete listing of university departments and contacts is available online. You can also schedule a personal campus visit by contacting the Admissions office.
No. You should make arrangements to visit with family, friends, etc. for Saturday after the conference has been dismissed. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
Leaving early is discouraged be we can accommodate those who will need to. Prior written notification from your parent/guardian is required. you will need to indicate the reason and exact time of departure from the conference.
Yes, Conference parking tags are available for purchase during check-in for $3.00.
AUTOMOBILE POLICY FOR STUDENTS WHO WILL HAVE A VEHICLE ON CAMPUS DURING THE CONFERENCE:
Because of our concern regarding liabilities you will be expected to comply with the following:
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Abide by all city and state automobile regulations and requirements such as: mandatory insurance coverage, wearing a seat belt, etc.
- TRAVEL IS PROHIBITED DURING THE CONFERENCE
- You must display your campus conference tag (parking permit) at all times.
- Parking allowed only in designated area.