- Student Diversity
- Women's Program
- Visit Campus
- Student Org
- Contact Us
Lock-In Travel & What To Bring
THINGS TO BRING:
- Please only bring one overnight bag and be sure to mark your name on it, so that it may be easily identified.
- Hygiene products (soap, shampoo, etc.)
- Towels and washcloths
- You will be staying in the student lounge at Thomas Jefferson Residential Hall. You will need to bring a small mat to sleep on (optional), sleeping bag or blanket, and a pillow.
- For the sake of modesty, we ask that you wear pants and a shirt to sleep in
- Wear comfortable closed toe shoes for labs and walking on campus (closed toe shoes are mandatory for all labs)
- Be prepared for Missouri’s changing weather. (sweater, sweatshirt, jacket)
- Prescribed medications, if needed
- Wear a watch
- Bring spending money for a shopping trip to the bookstore, snacks, and personal items (optional)
- You are welcome to bring snacks. Snacks must be kept in sealed containers.
- AND. . .PREPARE YOURSELF TO HAVE FUN!
HOW LOCK-IN PARTICIPANTS CAN BE REACHED DURING CONFERENCE:
Should parents need to reach their daughter during the day or night, you may contact the Women's Programs Office at 573-341-7286, Thomas Jefferson Front Desk at 573-341-4895 or campus police at 573-341-3100. Pre-paid phone cards are another great resource for making calls.
(see map at www.mst.edu/map) :Thomas Jefferson Residential Hall
How to get to Thomas Jefferson (TJ) Residential Hall (Building #29 on MAP):
From I-44 West (From St. Louis)
Take the first Rolla exit #186. At the top of the ramp turn left onto Hwy 72 (goes across the bridge) and proceed through two stoplights. Immediately after the 2nd stoplight Thomas Jefferson Hall will be on your right. It Is accross the street from Domino's Pizza.
From I-44 East (From Springfield)
Take the third Rolla exit #186. At the top of the ramp turn right onto Hwy 72 and proceed through one stoplight. Immediately after the stoplight Thomas Jefferson Hall will be on your right. It is across the street from Domino's Pizza.
North Bound on Highway 63
Stay on Highway 63 going North into Rolla. Proceed through Rolla until you pass the Mobile gas station on your right (Vichy Road and 63). Thomas Jefferson will be on your left after the Mobile gas station and across the street from Dominos Pizza.
South Bound on Highway 63
Stay on Highway 63 going South into Rolla. At the junction of Highway 63 and Pine Street, immediately past the stoplight, Thomas Jefferson hall will be on your right.
From Highway 72: Take Highway 72 to the intersection of Hwy 72 and Hwy 63. Turn right and stay on 63 going North; proceed through three stoplights and Thomas Jefferson Hall will be on your left. Across the street from Domino's Pizza.
CONFERENCE STAFF CONTACTS
|Cindi Guess, Assistant Director||573-341-4215|
|Melanie Wulff, Student Service Coordinator||573-341-4228|