Today's college students face serious financial challenges. Many students find it difficult to support themselves while also paying for college. Hunger is a real problem for far too many of today's students. One issue they are faced with is food insecurity - not having reliable access to sufficient, nutritious food. Commuter's Commodities is a food and supply pantry to help alleviate the financial burden of obtaining good quality food, small household goods, cleaning supplies and hygiene products. Our hope is that this will help our commuter students and students who may be in need.
How to Use Commuter's Commodities
Please take a few minutes to review this information so that you have a better idea about how to make use of Commuter's Commodities.
The purpose of the pantry is to provide supplemental food and other necessities to the S&T campus community who need this kind of assistance.
The Commuter's Commodities Pantry is open every day from 9:00 am - Noon and 1:00 pm - 4:00pm by appointment. If you would like to schedule an appointment please contact Cynthia Guess, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for our service:
- You must be a current S&T student
- You must currently be enrolled for courses at S&T
- Complete the online questionaire prior to visiting the pantry
- You will be notified after the questionaire has been received and reviewed to schedule an appointment with one of our specialists
Donations Needed! Get Involved, Make a Difference, Help us FEED our students!
Most Needed Items: Non-perishable items rich in protein, which are essential to providing adequate nutrition!
- Tuna, chicken & other canned meat
- Peanut Butter
- Beans, soups & stews
- Boxed meals, rice & pasta
- Canned vegetables & fruit
Note: all items must be labeled, factory sealed and in good condition.