- Contact Us
- Future Students
- Diversity House
- Student Resources
- Staff and Faculty Resources
Student Diversity Initiatives, Mentor Programs
The Miner Evolution program (MEP) and the Miner Evolution Scholar Program (MESP). Both programs are year-long programs that invite you into a supportive community that includes not only other incoming students, but also established members on our campus who are here to help you navigate S&T during this transition.
Miner Evolution Peer Mentors are student volunteers. Key incentives include:
- Possibility for experiential learning credit upon approval from academic advisor
- Leadership and professional development
- Development of skills in leadership, mentoring, listening, communication, team management and more.
- Counts towards service hours
Mentors would be obligated to do the following:
- Meet twice (2 times) a month, at least once face to face with mentee
- Participate in required mentor meetings each month
- Meet with SDI advisor at least once a month
Application for Mentor Position
*** Review of applications will begin June 1 and continue until all positions are filled.