Miner Evolution Peer Mentor Program
The Miner Evolution Peer Mentor Program is an opportunity for students in their first year at Missouri S&T to receive support from successful returning students through mentoring. First-year students engage with student mentors and the S&T community through participation in Student Diversity Initiatives events throughout the year. This program is a requirement for incoming students receiving diversity scholarships and will help ease the transition to S&T for these students.
Miner Evolution Peer Mentors are student volunteers. Key incentives include:
- Possibility for experiential learning credit upon approval from academic advisor
- Scholarship opportunity
- Networking opportunities with employer mentors
- Leadership and professional development
- Counts towards service hours
Mentors and mentees would be obligated to do the following:
- Meet twice (2 times) a month, at least once face to face
- Attend either one (1) SDI event or Miner Evolution specific event each month
- Complete participation survey each month
- 2.5 Cumulative GPA
- Must have completed at least two (2) semesters on campus
Application for Mentor Position
*** Review of applications will begin Friday, May 11, 2018 and continue until all positions are filled.