- Diversity House
- Use Agreement and Policies
- Reservation Request Form
- Contact Us
- Calendar of Events
- Student Organizations
- RSVP for Night to Network
- Register for NSBE Pre College Initiative (PCI)
- SWE Lock-In for 11-12 Grade Girls
SDOWP’s Mentoring program is for all under-represented minority students at Missouri S&T who choose to enhance their learning experience while on campus. Incoming students who will be accepting an MEP Scholarship are automatically included in the program and should remain in good standing as part of their scholarship.
This program pairs each incoming freshman or current student (mentee) with an upper-classman peer (mentor). At least once each week, your mentor will make contact with you to assist you with your adjustment to the S&T campus. Events and activities are planned throughout the school year that require participation such as luncheons, receptions, and workshops. The program is monitored by the SDOWP staff.
What does the mentee gain:
- Willingness to learn and try new things
- Valuable direction from a peer and campus leader
- Networking opportunities
- An upperclassman's perspective of succeeding on campus
- Personal development opportunities
Responsibilities of a mentee:
- Desire to serve as a role model
- Agree to time commitments of the program
- Be open and communicate honestly with mentor and SDP staff
- Ability to attend SDOWP and Missouri S&T activities, events and programs
If you have any questions about the Mentoring Program or how to participate, please feel free to contact Marcelius Braxton at firstname.lastname@example.org or (573) 341-7606.